The mission of the Bucharest University of Economic Studies
The mission of the Bucharest University of Economic Studies is an advanced research and education and to respond to the society needs by:
- high quality study programs on all study programs and in all university and postgraduate forms;
- generating advanced knowledge;
- supporting the development and affirmation of the best students and researchers in the field of economic and administrative sciences, as well as in other sub-disciplines of social and human sciences.
Assuming its vocation and values since the foundation and respecting the tradition cultivated over the decades by the personalities that have established it in the country and abroad, the Bucharest University of Economic Studies aims to strengthen its position as a reference pole in Central and Eastern Europe.
ASE Publishing House
ASE Publishing House is the publishing house of the Bucharest University of Economic Studies. The editorial activity of our university began in 1913, starting with the first year of the establishment of the Academy of High Commercial and Industrial Studies, with the publication of the first issue of Journal of Courses of the Academy of High Commercial and Industrial Studies, under the care of the Rectorate (from that time). After 84 years, ASE Publishing House, in its current (actual) organization, was recognized by the Ministry of Culture through the Certificate no. 4519 of 9.XII.1997.
ASE Publishing House, as an integral part of the Bucharest University of Economic Studies, aligns with its mission and aims, through its specific activity, to contribute to the effort of the Bucharest University of Economic Studies to become one of the most prestigious European universities of education and research.
The general, permanent, objectives of the ASE Publishing House, which are included in the ASE mission, are the following:
1. Publishing specialized books and periodical publications at a high level of quality, supporting the education and scientific research of the University;
2. Managing and selling in the best conditions the books and scientific magazines appearing under the publishing house's logo, in compliance with the detailed rules of the administration, selling and the accounting documents;
3. Making other materials, promotional or administrative, depending on the needs of the institution;
4. Promoting the image of Bucharest University of Economic Studies and its editorial production, by participating in book fairs and organizing editorial events.
The general objectives are transposed into specific objectives, established yearly, with a deadline for completion by the end of the calendar year.